Ca’ d’Zan, a Mediterranean Revival residence in Sarasota, Florida, was the winter home of the American circus owner, developer and art collector John Ringling and his wife Mable. The estate was designed in 1924 and building was completed in 1926 at a cost of 1.3 million (37 million dollars today). Lovers of the Venetian aesthetic, the Ringlings chose the site overlooking Sarasota Bay for its vista, which reminded them of the lagoon of their favorite city. The name of the residence is Venetian for House of John. It was planned to build an art museum adjacent to house the hundreds of paintings in the Ringling art collection and is now known as the Ringling Museum Of Art. Wedding ceremonies are held within the gardens of the mansion like in the Rose Garden, admist the expansive collection of the banyan trees, on the rear marble terrace extending to the edge of Sarasota Bay.
It is considered one of the most regal homes of a bygone era and a perfect place for your upcoming wedding.